As a health visitor, you will have a crucial role in ensuring that people have the best possible start in life.
Combining both theory-based and practice-based learning, you will examine the complexities of delivering health and social care services, especially in relation to professional health visiting at this Specialist Community Public Health Nursing - Health Visiting from Leeds Beckett University . You will develop the confidence and expertise to be able to take on leadership roles, influencing and implementing public health policies that will help children, young people and families improve their life chances.
As a specialist community public health visitor, you will be able to work within a variety of different communities and population groups. You could help to meet the increased demand for primary care leaders and community public health coordinators working across a diverse range of healthcare settings. After qualifying, you could complete a dissertation in order to achieve a masters in health and community care.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Building Community Capacity in Public Health
- Understanding Social Research & Evaluation
- Leadership, Management & Enterprise
- Therapeutic Relationships for Healthcare Practitioners
- Specialist Focus Health Visiting Modules:
- Professional Development in Practice
- Getting it Right for Children & Families, Birth to 5 years
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Most courses don't have fixed application deadlines. But, our courses are popular - they can fill up quickly. It's best to apply as early as possible.
DisciplinesPublic Health View 1015 other Masters in Public Health in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Applicants should have NMC first level registration (previously known as UKCC parts 1, 2, 7 or 12), at least a second class honours degree in the cognate subject of Health and be able to evidence recent professional development. Applicants who do not meet this academic requirement are advised to undertake the Professional Profile Development module in order to apply for recognition of prior (experiential) learning.
- Applicants will also need to secure a suitable practice placement in order to undertake the course. Applicants need to have consolidated their pre-registration nursing outcomes and to have gained a deeper understanding in relevant professional practice
- All applications should be supported by two references, either academic or professional; you can download our reference template for completion, please note references should be accompanied by a covering letter on headed paper or emailed directly by the referee.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
Tuition FeeVisit official programme website
Living costs for Leeds
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.