The Public Health - Health Promotion course from Leeds Beckett University focus on the ways people and communities can empower themselves to improve their health, and how public policy can create healthier societies and places. You will also investigate the psychology of behaviour change, together with how people learn about health. The research strand will enable you to critically appraise evidence and develop research skills.
You will have the skills to commission, as well as to design, plan, implement and evaluate health promotion interventions. Our students find jobs as health promotion specialists, public health consultants, public health service managers, researchers, lecturers and generally wherever there is a health and wellbeing role at policy, planning and management levels.
- Public Health Consultant
- Public Health Service Manager
- Health Promotion Specialist
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Research Methods for Health and Wellbeing
- Professional Practice
- People Power and Communities
- Policies for Health in the Twenty First Century
- Health Promotion Enquiry
- Health Communication
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Most courses don't have fixed application deadlines. But, our courses are popular - they can fill up quickly. It's best to apply as early as possible.
DisciplinesPublic Health View 1117 other Masters in Public Health in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Applicants should either have at least a second class honours degree in the cognate subjects of Health, Social Sciences, Nursing, Teaching, Environmental Health, Health Visiting, Community Work or International Development, at least a second class honours degree in a non-cognate subject supported by evidence of an aptitude for the subject applied for, or have equivalent experience or training, normally from within the work environment.
- IELTS 6.5 with no skill below 5.5 is required for those whom English is not their first language, recognised equivalents are acceptable.
- All applications should be supported by a reference, either academic or professional.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International5000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5000 GBP per year during 12 months.
National5000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5000 GBP per year during 12 months.
- PT UK/INT: £833 for each 20 credit point module
Living costs for Leeds
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.