You will gain an understanding of relational theory and practice and will learn how to apply your therapeutic counselling and psychotherapy skills with clients. Through clinical practice, you will identify your strengths and areas for development, ensuring you become a capable and self-reflective practitioner.
We help you find a suitable work placement where you will have client contact on a weekly basis and totalling 100 hours. You will also undertake 20 hours of personal counselling from a network of professional counsellors approved by our University.
This Counselling and Psychotherapy course from Leeds Beckett University can lead to a range of careers in related counselling fields including youth counselling, advice and guidance, the voluntary sector, consultancy, NHS, social work, education, and private practice. You could turn your PG Dip into a masters and gain valuable research experience to inform your practice by studying the MA Psychotherapy at our University.
- Mental Health Worker
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Personal & Professional Development
- Relational Framework
- Therapeutic Skills
- Becoming a Therapist
- Therapeutic Process & Supervision
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology School Counselling Counselling Psychology View 840 other Masters in Psychology in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Applicants should normally have at least a second class honours degree and have completed a face to face Postgraduate Certificate in Counselling Skills or equivalent (including at least 90 hours counselling skills practice training).
- All suitable candidates will be required to attend an interview as part of the selection process.
- All applications should be supported by a reference, either academic or professional; you can download our reference template for completion.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
National3500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3500 GBP per year during 24 months.
- Part-time rates for international students are not automatically displayed as there are specific visa requirements which generally limit students to study in the UK on a full-time basis.
Living costs for Leeds
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.