To achieve this, you will develop advanced health assessment skills and professional expertise in order to work as an autonomous practitioner. With your expert knowledge, complex decision-making skills and clinical reasoning you will be able to apply this knowledge to your clinical setting.
Your learning will be client-centred and clinically focused, helping you develop the essential skills required by an advanced clinical practitioner working in acute, primary or secondary care settings, or for any organisation where advanced diagnostic skills are required. You will also undertake a dissertation, where you will explore a topic relevant to your area of practice, refining your expertise and underlining your leadership potential to employers.
With this Advanced Clinical Practice from Leeds Beckett University you will build skills that will prepare you for a range of advanced clinical practitioner roles in a variety of health care settings, including primary care, acute care or secondary care. Acquiring the masters will further refine your expertise and underline your leadership potential to employers.
- Nurse Practitioner
- Case Manager
- Community Matron
- Advanced Clinical Practitioner
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Health Assessment
- Assessment & Management of Complex Health Conditions
- Non-Medical Prescribing / Non-Medical Prescribing for Allied Health Professions
- Professional Development in Advanced Clinical Practice
- Understanding Social Research & Evaluation
- Research in Practice (Dissertation)
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 30 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHealth Sciences View 1797 other Masters in Health Sciences in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Applicants should have at least a second class honours degree in the cognate subject of Health. Applicants who do not meet this academic requirement are advised to undertake the Professional Profile Development modules in order to apply for recognition for prior (experiential) learning. Details of the module can be found at this link.
You should also have a minimum of 2 years post registration experience and be able to demonstrate through your personal statement that you have developed professionally to a level that prepares you for an advanced clinical role.
Your personal statement should address the following criteria in no more than 1200 words:
- Identify the main national and local drivers that have influenced your expansion into an advanced clinical practice role;
- Describe how you will incorporate advanced clinical practice into your role and its benefit to service users;
- Evidence of how your use of research has developed clinical practice;
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
National3400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8500 GBP for the full programme during 30 months.
- Part-time rates for international students are not automatically displayed as there are specific visa requirements which generally limit students to study in the UK on a full-time basis.
Living costs for Leeds
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.