You will develop your understanding of the very latest communication tools and technology while you engage with social media, search engine optimisation, crowd sourcing and user-generated content. You will also focus on the traditional media platforms of newspapers, television and radio.
This Journalism from Leeds Beckett University was the first journalism course in England to be taught from within a business school, providing students with access to our extensive contacts in industry. You will be able to take advantage of these links as you report on new developments, expanding companies and high-profile business leaders in a thriving city.
You will also benefit from our contacts with an array of media organisations offering invaluable work placements and employment opportunities. Previous students have enjoyed work experience with BBC Newsnight, Reuters and The Independent.
Instilled with an international perspective on media law, ethics and regulation, you will have the expertise and confidence to conduct research, develop contacts and write editorial for global audiences on a variety of topics. You could forge a career in journalism, PR, social media, communications, digital marketing, SEO or brand management across many different industries, while specific roles could include editor, reporter, including foreign correspondent, or feature writer.
- Feature writer
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Journalism Theory
- Professional Journalism Development
- Feature Writing
- International Perspectives on Media Law, Ethics & Regulation
- Editorial Production
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
Most courses don't have fixed application deadlines. But, our courses are popular - they can fill up quickly. It's best to apply as early as possible.
DisciplinesJournalism Digital Marketing View 278 other Masters in Digital Marketing in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Applicants should either have at least a second class honours degree or have equivalent experience or training, normally from within the work environment. Applicants who do not have English as their first language are required to have IELTS 6.5 with no skill below 6.5 or an equivalent award.
- All applications should be supported by a reference, either academic or professional; you can download our reference template for completion. All applicants should satisfy our University English language requirements.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14000 GBP per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA7500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7500 GBP per year during 12 months.
- PT UK: £833 for each 20 credit point module
- Part-time rates for international students are not automatically displayed as there are specific visa requirements which generally limit students to study in the UK on a full-time basis.
Living costs for Leeds
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
There are ways you may be able to fund your course. Here are a few options:
- Gain sponsorship from a Government body in your country
- Apply for a Commonwealth or Chevening Scholarship
- A Leeds Beckett Scholarship to cover some of your course fees
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.