You will explore ways of understanding the self as an open, evolving project that develops through interaction. This reflects developments at the leading edge of psychology, drawing upon insights from the history of human exploration of the self.
On this largely theoretical course, you will explore the relationship between psychology and cultural studies, philosophy, theology and social science. You will develop your understanding of different research methods and explore the use of language and the construction of meaning in real-world situations.
Whether you are working as a counsellor, a social worker, a psychologist or in another related profession, you will gain a unique perspective on mind, self and society. Alternatively, you may simply have a personal interest and want to explore this fascinating subject and its insights into what makes us human.
This Interdisciplinary Psychology from Leeds Beckett University will prepare you for a wide range of careers. You will gain expertise which can be applied to professions including research, education, counselling, art therapy, life coaching, health and social care, human resources and working in media. Individual modules can be taken within the Continuing Professional Development Programme, or counted towards UKCP and BACP training hours.
- Clinical Psychologist
- Educational Psychologist
- Occupational Psychologist
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Contemporary Psychoanalytic Approaches
- Critical Methodologies
- Foundations of Psychoanalysis
- Independent Project
- Mindfulness-Based Approaches
- Transpersonal Psychology
- Central Problems in Psychology
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Most courses don't have fixed application deadlines. But, our courses are popular - they can fill up quickly. It's best to apply as early as possible.
DisciplinesPsychology View 815 other Masters in Psychology in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Applicants should either have at least a second class honours degree in the cognate subjects of Psychology, Sociology, Health & Social Care, Humanities combined awards, English Literature, Politics, Economics, Philosophy, Religious Studies, Human Geography, History, Business Studies, Criminology, Journalism, Media Studies, Anthropology, Education Studies, Peace Studies, European Studies, International Political Economy, Social Work, Law or Youth & Community Studies, at least a second class honours degree in a non-cognate subject supported by evidence of an aptitude for the subject applied for, or have equivalent experience or training, normally from within the work environment.
- All applications should be supported by a reference, either academic or professional; you can download our reference template for completion. . All applicants should satisfy our University English language requirements.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14000 GBP per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA7500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7500 GBP per year during 12 months.
- PT UK: £888 for each 20 credit point module
- Part-time rates for international students are not automatically displayed as there are specific visa requirements which generally limit students to study in the UK on a full-time basis.
Living costs for Leeds
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.