The Geospatial Technologies Master program from Jaume I University targets holders of a Bachelors with a qualification in application areas of Geographic Information (GI), e.g., environmental planning, regional planning, geography, logistics, transportation, marketing, energy provision.
About the Program
We also particularly welcome computer scientists with a keen interest in GI and GI Systems. It is required to have acquired at least basic skills in computer science and/or geoinformatics before the start of the Masters program.
- Private sector: GI applications and consulting in the domains of regional planning, landscape planning, financial services industry, energy providing industry, transportation, agriculture and forestry, and retailing/marketing;
- Research: Applied sciences at universities and other research institutions.
- Public sector: GI applications and consulting in local and regional administrations, especially in cadastre and different types of planning (e.g., regional, traffic, ecology).
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A requirement for admission is an adequate Bachelor degree of six semesters full time (= 180 ECTS credit points) or more, as recognized by the partner universities in Germany, Portugal, or Spain, for admission to graduate studies.
- The Masters Program in Geospatial Technologies is recommended to students with relevant degrees in application areas of geographic information, e.g., geography, ecology, urban, regional and environmental planning, logistics/transportation, energy provision, surveying, agriculture, forestry.
- We also particularly welcome students with a degree in computer science. Within previous studies or professional experience, we expect applicants having acquired basic IT/GI skills already. In case of uncertainty, the Examination board or Masters Program coordinator decide about relevance of the previous degree.
International3400 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1700 EUR per semester during 18 months.
EU/EEA3400 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1700 EUR per semester during 18 months.
Living costs for Castellón de la Plana
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.