On the MSc in Marketing and Business Analysis at The University of Edinburgh you will be tasked with considering the use and application of management science techniques in a variety of marketing and business contexts through participation in courses in marketing management, marketing decision analysis, business statistics and forecasting, marketing research methods, and more advanced applications in credit risk management, problem solving and spreadsheet modelling skills and data mining.
This practical application of quantitative marketing, taught alongside the theoretical elements of marketing will aptly prepare you for a variety of roles such as market analysts, business consultants, marketing managers and marketing researchers.
On graduating from your MSc in Marketing and Business Analysis, you will be able to:
- Define, explain and apply the key terms, concepts and theories in marketing and business analysis.
- Critically evaluate analytical tools and frameworks used in marketing and business analysis.
- Discuss the challenges facing marketing decision-makers in modern organisations.
- Collect, analyse and synthesise a range of information sources to inform discussion on topical issues in marketing and business analysis.
- Explain, apply and evaluate qualitative and quantitative approaches to marketing and business analysis problems.
- Learning will primarily be through lectures, set reading, class discussions, exercises, group-work assignments, problem solving in tutorials and case studies.
- Assessment methods include examinations, assignments, presentations or continuous assessment.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- There are five application rounds.
DisciplinesMarketing Business Intelligence & Analytics Digital Marketing View 462 other Masters in Marketing in United Kingdom
You will need a UK first-class or 2:1 honours degree from a good university in one of the subjects below, or an equivalent overseas qualification.
- An undergraduate degree in a business or management related subject with quantitative elements is normally required. Suitable quantitative elements include statistics, operational research, management science, economics and econometrics.
- Candidates with degrees in a numerate or quantitative subject, such as statistics, mathematics, informatics, economics, computer science or engineering, will also be considered.
- Candidates with relevant business experience will be considered on an individual basis.
International25100 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25100 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
National17200 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17200 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Edinburgh
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.