This Sport and Exercise Science at Leeds Beckett University is designed to meet the professional standards set by industry governing organisation, the British Association of Sport & Exercise Sciences. You will enhance your awareness of the professional issues and research applications within health, exercise and sport by engaging with consultancy and research projects and working with elite-level athletes.
You will upgrade your knowledge of physiology, nutrition, biomechanics and psychology while gaining experience through an independent project related to your specific interests. Exciting placement opportunities will help to further refine your knowledge, enhance your skills and boost your CV. Previous students have secured placements with Leeds United, Yorkshire Carnegie, Leeds Rhinos and SportsAid, a UK charity helping the next generation of sports stars achieve their potential.
A variety of career options will be available to you upon graduation. You could lead sport science support programmes for professional teams and athletes or get involved in physical activity and intervention programmes in the public sector. You will also be well equipped to progress your expertise and conduct further research in your specialist area by studying for a higher degree.
- Health Promotion Specialist
- Sports Performance Analyst
- Community Sports Coach
- Healthy Lifestyle Officer
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Measurement Techniques in Biomechanics (Biomechanics)
- Biomechanics of Human Gait (Biomechanics)
- Evidence Based Practice in Sports Physiology (Physiology)
- Mechanisms of Adaptation to Exercise Training (Physiology)
- Contemporary Issues in Sport Psychology (Psychology)
- Psychology of Exercise & Health (Psychology)
- Sport & Exercise Nutrition (Nutrition)
- Ergogenic Practices & Nutritional Manipulation in Sport & Exercise Nutrition (Nutrition)
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Most courses don't have fixed application deadlines. But, our courses are popular - they can fill up quickly. It's best to apply as early as possible.
DisciplinesSports Sciences Kinesiology View 372 other Masters in Sports Sciences in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Applicants should either have at least a second class honours degree in the cognate subjects of Sport & Exercise Science, Physical Sciences, Engineering, Physics, Biomechanics, Physiotherapy, Physical Education, Human Physiology, Biochemistry, Dietetics, Nutrition, Medicine or Sports Therapy, at least a second class honours degree in a non-cognate subject supported by evidence of an aptitude for the subject applied for, or have equivalent experience or training, normally from within the work environment.
- All applications should be supported by a reference, either academic or professional
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
National945 GBP/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 945 GBP per module during 12 months.
- PT UK: £945 for each 20 credit point module
- Part-time rates for international students are not automatically displayed as there are specific visa requirements which generally limit students to study in the UK on a full-time basis.
Living costs for Leeds
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.