With the flexibility to select from a range of modules covering different aspects of sport and exercise physiology, you’ll be able to specialise in an area matched to your career ambitions.
If you’re studying the MSc, you’ll explore different research methods before conducting a major independent study related to your specific area of interest.
Career after the Sport and Exercise Physiology course at Leeds Beckett University
With your advanced knowledge, research experience and a range of transferable vocational and scientific skills, a wide variety of roles will be open to you. Your career choices could include leading fitness testing programmes for teams and elite athletes, involvement in public health initiatives or employment with national governing bodies.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Exercise Physiology
- Research Process
- Professional Practice (course aligned)
- You must also complete at least two out of the three remaining physiology modules below:
- Evidence-Based Practice in Sports Physiology
- Clinical Exercise Testing
- Mechanisms of Adaptation in Exercise Training
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Most courses don't have fixed application deadlines. But, our courses are popular - they can fill up quickly. It's best to apply as early as possible.
DisciplinesPhysiotherapy Sports Sciences Kinesiology View 373 other Masters in Sports Sciences in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Applicants should either have at least a second class honours degree in the cognate subjects of Sports Science, Exercise Science, Physical Education, Human Physiology, Biochemistry, Physical Sciences, Physics, Physiotherapy, Medicine or Sports Therapy, at least a second class honours degree in a non-cognate subject supported by evidence of an aptitude for the subject applied for, or have equivalent experience or training, normally from within the work environment.
- All applications should be supported by a reference, either academic or professional; you can download our reference template for completion.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International10000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10000 GBP per year during 12 months.
National5670 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5670 GBP per year during 12 months.
- PT UK: £888.80 for each 20 credit point module
Living costs for Leeds
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.