Supervised by qualified staff, you will have the opportunity to develop your knowledge, expertise and applied experience working with athletes. You will also develop clinical exercise physiology skills working alongside physiologists and doctors on a research project or with athletes through the University's commercial screening services.
With the flexibility to select from a range of modules covering different aspects of sport and exercise physiology, you will be able to specialise in an area matched to your career ambitions. If you are studying the MSc in Sport and Exercise Physiology at Leeds Beckett University , you will also explore different research methods before conducting a major independent study related to your specific area of interest.
With your advanced knowledge, research experience and a range of transferable vocational and scientific skills, a wide variety of roles will be open to you. Your career choices could include leading fitness testing programmes for teams and elite athletes, involvement in public health initiatives or employment with national governing bodies.
- Exercise Physiologist
- Sports Development Officer
- Health and Wellbeing Physiologist
- Community Sports Coach
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Research Methods
- Research & Professional Practice
- Major Independent Study
- Clinical Exercise Testing & Prescription
- Physiology & Biochemistry for Performance
- Physiology of Sports Performance
- Essentials of Sport & Exercise Physiology
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesPhysiotherapy Sports Sciences View 132 other Masters in Physiotherapy in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Applicants should either have at least a second class honours degree in the cognate subjects of Sports Science, Exercise Science, Physical Education, Human Physiology, Biochemistry, Physical Sciences, Physics, Physiotherapy, Medicine or Sports Therapy, at least a second class honours degree in a non-cognate subject supported by evidence of an aptitude for the subject applied for, or have equivalent experience or training, normally from within the work environment.
- All applications should be supported by a reference, either academic or professional
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International13000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13000 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA5950 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5950 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.