As part of your course you’ll:
- Examine the function and movement of the human body through laboratory data collection – employing cutting-edge technology such as 3D motion analysis, multicomponent dynamometry and neuromuscular imaging
- Critically assess a broad range of theories, methodologies and research findings
- Learn how to apply theories, strategies and methodologies in appropriate ways
- Develop empirical rigour in identifying solutions to complex problems
A range of career options will be available to you upon graduation this Sport and Exercise Biomechanics at Leeds Beckett University . You could lead sport science support programmes for teams and elite athletes or work in industry for companies specialising in sport science solutions and innovation.
You could apply for jobs in health and clinical settings or secure employment with national governing bodies or sporting organisations. You will also be well placed to progress your expertise by conducting research at PhD level.
- Athlete Support Officer
- Performance Analyst
- Biomechanics Teacher
- Sports Equipment Developer
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Research Process
- Professional Practice (course aligned)
- Major Independent Study
- You must also complete at least three out of the four core biomechanics modules below:
- Measurement Techniques in Biomechanics
- Neuromuscular Biomechanics
- Advanced Biomechanical Analysis of the Sports Performer
- Biomechanics of Human Gait
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Most courses don't have fixed application deadlines. But, our courses are popular - they can fill up quickly. It's best to apply as early as possible.
DisciplinesPhysiotherapy Health Informatics Sports Sciences View 314 other Masters in Sports Sciences in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Applicants should either have at least a second class honours degree in the cognate subjects of Sport & Exercise Science, Physical Sciences, Engineering, Physics, Biomechanics, Sports Technology, Sports Therapy, Physical Education or Podiatry, at least a second class honours degree in a non-cognate subject supported by evidence of an aptitude for the subject applied for, or have equivalent experience or training, normally from within the work environment.
- All applications should be supported by a reference, either academic or professional; you can download our reference template for completion. All applicants should satisfy our University English language requirements.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14000 GBP per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA8000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8000 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Leeds
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.