You will develop a critical understanding of contemporary curriculum practice, enhance your knowledge and experience, and engage with different pedagogical models in the teaching of physical education and school sport.
If you are working in schools as a teacher or teaching assistant, are employed in a youth sport role or are a recent graduate, this course provides a strong academic base to enhance your professional development or develop your career your career prospects. It is also an ideal stepping stone should you want to train to be a physical education teacher or have ambitions to progress your studies and expertise to PhD level.
There is an increasing need for highly qualified physical education specialists to work with children and young people within schools and the wider community. As well as being able to pursue or enhance a career in physical education, your expertise will leave you well placed to take up opportunities in sports club administration, with governing bodies, in community sport and in higher education.
- PE Teacher
- Sports Club Administrator
- Community Sport Officer
- Healthy Lifestyles Coach
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Curriculum, Pedagogy & Practice in Physical Education & Youth Sport
- Understanding Young People's Experiences of Physical Education & Sport
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEducation Sports Sciences View 302 other Masters in Sports Sciences in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Applicants should either have at least a second class honours degree in the cognate subjects of Physical Education or Sport, at least a second class honours degree in a non-cognate subject supported by evidence of an aptitude for the subject applied for, or have equivalent experience or training, normally from within the work environment.
- All applications should be supported by a reference, either academic or professional
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International13000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13000 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA5950 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5950 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.