The Carnegie School of Sport at Leeds Beckett University has delivered high-quality sport and physical education courses for more than 80 years. As a student, you’ll be taught by a small team of academics internationally renowned in their field.
With small group delivery, a personal tutorial system, and strong study skill support, this course will provide a cohesive and effective learning environment. During your Physical Education from Leeds Beckett University , a range of option modules will enable you to cater the course to your personal and professional development goals.
There is an increasing need for highly qualified physical education and youth sport specialists to work with children and young people within school and community settings.
As well as being able to pursue or enhance a career as a teacher in primary or secondary physical education, your expertise will leave you well-placed to take up opportunities in other sports-related careers including as a: further and higher education lecturer, school sports coordinator, Premier League Primary Stars coach, community engagement manager, events coordinator, social inclusion project coordinator, disability development partner and women and girls’ development officer.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Curriculum, Pedagogy & Practice in Physical Education
- Applied Social Theory in Sport
- Research for Physical Education & Youth Sport Practitioners
- Understanding Young People’s Experiences of Physical Education & Youth Sport
- Major Independent Study for Physical Education & Youth Sport
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Most courses don't have fixed application deadlines. But, our courses are popular - they can fill up quickly. It's best to apply as early as possible.
DisciplinesEducation Sports Management Sports Sciences View 368 other Masters in Sports Sciences in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Applicants should either have at least a second class honours degree in the cognate subjects of Physical Education or Sport, at least a second class honours degree in a non-cognate subject supported by evidence of an aptitude for the subject applied for, or have equivalent experience or training, normally from within the work environment. All applications should be supported by a reference, either academic or professional; you can download our reference template for completion. All applicants should satisfy our University English language requirements.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International16000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16000 GBP per year during 12 months.
National8500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8500 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Leeds
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.