It is taught by staff with first-hand experience in tourism management, research and consultancy, who will share their global expertise with you.
Designed to develop your professional experience in tourism, heritage, and sustainable development, this course will also help meet the resulting demand for managers who can implement responsible tourism strategies within marketing, operations and product development.
- Explore domestic and international tourism - and understand that the principles of responsible tourism are as applicable to the Yorkshire Dales as they are to The Gambia
- Plan, implement and evaluate responsible tourism policies and practices
- Understand and manage the complex interactions between tourism stakeholders
- Identify, create and implement appropriate responses to better manage common resource use issues
You will enhance your ability to operate effectively at a strategic level within conservation organisations and in both the public and private sectors, and you will have expertise and confidence to devise , implement and manage responsible tourism programmes. Graduates have gone on to work as sustainability and product managers for tour operators and have also taken senior managerial positions in government departments and with international non-governmental organisations.
- Responsible Tourism Adviser
- Sustainable Product Manager
- Charity Development Consultant
- Sustainable Destinations Manager
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Local Economic Development & Poverty Reduction (full-time and part-time on-campus learners)
- Marketing Responsible Tourism (full-time and part-time on-campus learners)
- Natural Resources & Environmental Management (full-time and part-time on-campus learners)
- Communities, Culture & Heritage (full-time and part-time on-campus learners)
- Ethical Tourism Business Management (full-time and part-time on-campus learners)
- Destination Management: Roles & Responsibilities (full-time and part-time on-campus learners)
- Responsible Tourism Theory & Practice (part-time distance learners)
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 9 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Most courses don't have fixed application deadlines. But, our courses are popular - they can fill up quickly. It's best to apply as early as possible.
DisciplinesManagement Studies Tourism & Leisure View 1544 other Masters in Management Studies in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Applicants should have at least a second class honours degree in a relevant field including Travel, Tourism, Hospitality, Business, Economics, Marketing, Environmental Management, Ecology, Development, Cultural Heritage Management, Project Management or Planning.
- Applicants who do not meet the academic entry requirements will be expected to have equivalent experience and training from a relevant work environment.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International10000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10000 GBP per year during 9 months.
National5335 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5335 GBP per year during 9 months.
- PT UK: £889 for each 20 credit point module
- Part-time rates for international students are not automatically displayed as there are specific visa requirements which generally limit students to study in the UK on a full-time basis.
Living costs for Leeds
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.