You will analyse diverse issues such as the changing nature of international competition, trade, migration and global governance. You will expand your knowledge of modern political economy and explore global consumption as an engine of growth. You will debate the 2008 financial crisis, discussing how it began, the definition of crisis and how the world responded.
You will gain an understanding of how international political economy differs from economics. As well as measuring economic growth, you will also understand its distribution of costs and benefits, together with its social, political and environmental impact.
This International Political Economy at Leeds Beckett University is an opportunity for you to embrace and scrutinise aspects of politics, sociology, history, philosophy and geography in relation to economic globalisation.
Employment opportunities are available in the UK and overseas working for Non Government Organisations, the public sector, international organisations and the media. Employers will value your ability to think and work independently and challenge conventional wisdom in order to solve complex problems. Our expert staff are well associated with many major organisations, which will benefit you when looking for a career in this field.
- Government Policy Advisor
- Social Researcher
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Political Economy of Globalisation
- Theories of International Political Economy
- Development and Capitalist Modernity: Critical Approaches
- Developing & Managing Projects
- Gendering the International
- Political Economy of Crisis & Global Governance
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Most courses don't have fixed application deadlines. But, our courses are popular - they can fill up quickly. It's best to apply as early as possible.
DisciplinesEconomics Political Science View 467 other Masters in Political Science in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Applicants should either have at least a second class honours degree in the cognate subjects of Sociology, Politics, Economics, Philosophy, Religious Studies, Human Geography, History, Business Studies, Criminology, Journalism, Media Studies, Anthropology, Education Studies, Peace Studies, European Studies, International Political Economy, Social Work, Law, Social Sciences, Social Policy, Development Studies, Events Management, Marketing, Security Studies or International Relations, at least a second class honours degree in a non-cognate subject supported by evidence of an aptitude for the subject applied for, or have equivalent experience or training, normally from within the work environment.
- All applications should be supported by a reference, either academic or professional; you can download our reference template for completion
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International13000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13000 GBP per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA6500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6500 GBP per year during 12 months.
- PT UK: £722 for each 20 credit point module
- Part-time rates for international students are not automatically displayed as there are specific visa requirements which generally limit students to study in the UK on a full-time basis.
Living costs for Leeds
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.