From January until September you will concentrate solely on an extended research project, working alongside staff from our Centre for Biomedical Science Research to develop your practical expertise to an advanced level. You will have a wide variety of research options to choose from within molecular biology, microbiology, pharmacology and biochemistry.
This Applied Biomedical Science Research course from Leeds Beckett University is ideal if you are looking to pursue a research career and study to PhD level. In addition, this course will prepare you for a range of careers within the biomedical sciences.
- Biomedical Scientist
- Research Scientist
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Preparation for the MSc Research Project
- Science Communication
- Professional Development
- Advanced Practical Skills in Biomedical Sciences
- Research Project
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Most courses don't have fixed application deadlines. But, our courses are popular - they can fill up quickly. It's best to apply as early as possible.
DisciplinesBiomedicine Bioinformatics & Biostatistics Biochemistry View 160 other Masters in Bioinformatics & Biostatistics in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Leeds Beckett University and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Applicants should either have at least a second class honours (2.2) degree in a cognate subject, at least a second class honours (2.2) degree in a non-cognate subject supported by evidence of an aptitude for the subject applied for, or have equivalent experience or training, normally from within the work environment. All applications should be supported by a reference, either academic or professional; you can download our reference template for completion. All applications should be supported by a reference, either academic or professional; a template can be accessed at this link. All applicants should satisfy our University English language requirements.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International15000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15000 GBP per year during 12 months.
National8000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8000 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Leeds
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.