The Early Years route will see you apply a critical lens to young children's education and care within a variety of settings. The Children and Young People route will focus more closely on critically examining concepts, contexts and practice related to childhood.
We recognise that children are active social agents and meaning makers with the ability to both interpret and shape their social worlds. Therefore, each module has been designed to highlight the importance of the child's voice and children's participation.
To fit around your working patterns and personal commitments, you can study over one, two or three years through day, evening and Saturday face-to-face sessions or online via our Virtual Learning Environment.
If you work with children and young people, this Childhood Studies and Early Years course at Leeds Beckett University will help you to progress to managerial or senior leadership level. It is also suitable should you wish to pursue a career working in early years or with children and young people in, for example, youth justice, child and family support, policy development and education, or should you want to pursue a doctoral qualification.
- Early Years Advisor
- Nursery Co-ordinator
- Children's Charity Worker
- Social Worker
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Critical Discourses in Childhood & Early Years
- Research Methods
- Playful Learning & Playful Pedagogies (Early Years pathway)
- Diverse Childhoods: Identity & Inequality (Childhood pathway)
- Theorising Childhood
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Most courses don't have fixed application deadlines. But, our courses are popular - they can fill up quickly. It's best to apply as early as possible.
DisciplinesEducation Psychology Childhood Studies View 206 other Masters in Education in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Applicants should either have at least a second class honours degree or have equivalent experience or training, normally from within the work environment. All applications should be supported by a reference, either academic or professional; you can download our reference template for completion. All applicants should satisfy our University English language requirements.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International9000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9000 GBP per year during 12 months.
National7500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7500 GBP per year during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.