Manufacturing and engineering are thriving sectors at the heart of the UK economy. They generate jobs, promote economic growth and increase global trade.
Manufacturing engineers therefore play a vital role in integrating technology and management within the sector to achieve added value and deliver superior performance.
This Advanced Manufacturing - Technology and Systems programme from University of Strathclyde is designed for:
- graduates with experience in manufacturing, engineering, design or business who wish to develop their manufacturing expertise. This course is ideal for graduates wishing to transfer smoothly and effectively to a career in the manufacturing sector of industry
- established manufacturing engineers, designers and managers working in the industry who are facing new challenges and increased areas of responsibility. New disruptive technologies also present a significant opportunity for existing professionals to further develop their career in advanced manufacturing technology systems
Advanced manufacturers are often defined as those that succeed in today’s competitive environment. Those manufacturers have the unique ability to create a competitive advantage by being able to think and do faster, and by definition, those advantages make them advanced.
As competition across industry increases, alongside globalisation and supply chain opportunities grow, those in advanced manufacturing careers are highly sought after. Advanced manufacturing is at the top of all international agendas and experts in this field will continue to be needed.
Manufacturing and engineering are thriving sectors at the heart of the UK economy. They generate jobs, promote economic growth and increase global trade. This course introduces latest state-of-the-art knowledge and practical hands-on insight into:
- Micro- and nano-manufacturing
- Advanced forming and technology systems
- Advanced materials and production technology
- Strategic Technology Management
- Industrial Group Project
- Postgraduate Individual Project
- Manufacturing Automation
- Micro- & Nano-Manufacturing
- Advanced Forming Technology Systems
- Advanced Materials & Production Technology
- Mechatronic Systems Design Techniques
- Systems Integration
- Strategic Supply Chain Management
- CAED Systems
- Fundamentals Of Lean Six Sigma
- Sustainable Product Design & Manufacturing
- Systems Thinking & Modelling
- Design of Experiments for Process Optimisation
- Information Management
- Project Management
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- There’s no formal closing date for postgraduate applications
DisciplinesIndustrial & Systems Engineering Electronics & Embedded Technology General Engineering & Technology View 164 other Masters in Electronics & Embedded Technology in United Kingdom
- Normally a first-class or second-class honours degree (or international equivalent) in a relevant engineering, technology or science discipline.
International21850 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21850 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
National8850 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8850 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
- Rest of UK: £9,250
Living costs for Glasgow
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.