As part of your course you’ll:
- Learn about intelligent buildings and automation
- Develop knowledge of environmental science and the latest systems and innovation in energy conservation
- Develop project management, leadership and team skills
- Improve your technical engineering capabilities so you can take responsibility for building services and mechanical installations
- Study project responsibility, lighting design, heating, thermal comfort, air conditioning, cooling systems, acoustic comfort and electrical services
Whether you graduated from our BSc (Hons) course or already work in industry as an associate engineer, we’ll equip you with the skills to play a leading role in the design, installation and management of building services.
Sustainability and the carbon reduction in buildings are key issues around the world and these themes will be central to your work. You’ll have the opportunity to use building information modelling that includes packages such as Revit, with a strong emphasis in design that meets environmental constraints.
There is a high demand around the world for building services engineers. They are needed in the construction of new buildings and in the maintenance and refurbishment of existing structures to ensure they are operational and energy efficient. Your Building Services Engineering from Leeds Beckett University will provide you with the academic standing to apply for membership of the Chartered Institution of Building Services Engineers and enable you to be involved in making key decisions in the industry.
- Mechanical Design Engineer
- Building Services Engineer
- Facilities Manager
- Sustainability Engineer
CIBSE, Engineering Council, CIWEM
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Project Management
- Sustainable Buildings
- Building Information Modelling (BIM) & Mechanical, Electrical & Plumbing (MEP)
- Work-Based Learning: Developing Engineering Portfolios & Study Methods
- Building Energy Management (BEM) & Intelligent Buildings
- Sustainable Systems Design
- Masters Final Project / Dissertation & Research Skills
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
Most courses don't have fixed application deadlines. But, our courses are popular - they can fill up quickly. It's best to apply as early as possible
DisciplinesArchitecture Civil Engineering & Construction View 290 other Masters in Civil Engineering & Construction in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Applicants should either have at least a second class honours degree in the cognate subject of Building Services Engineering, at least a second class honours degree in a non-cognate subject supported by evidence of an aptitude for the subject applied for, or have equivalent experience or training, normally from within the work environment.
- All applications should be supported by a reference, either academic or professional
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International833 GBP/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 833 GBP per module during 24 months.
EU/EEA833 GBP/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 833 GBP per module during 24 months.
£833 for each 20 credit point module
Living costs for Leeds
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.