The Computer Science programme at KTH Royal Institute of Technology provides a broad education in computer science with the possibility to specialise within different subjects. You will learn the methods for constructing computer programmes, including theoretical foundations and the practical ability to develop products and systems. During the programme, you will meet prominent guest lecturers from the industry and guest lecturers from other universities.
The programme starts with mandatory courses in advanced algorithms, artificial intelligence, computer security, internet protocols, and research methodology to give you an insight into different areas of computer science. In the second semester, you choose one of the seven specialisations to gain in-depth knowledge in a field of computer science. The specialisations are closely connected to the department’s world-class research groups.
The master's programme in Computer Science focuses on the acquisition of skills necessary for a career at the frontline of modern software technology. Graduates have found work at companies such as Google (USA, Switzerland, Sweden), Spotify, Oracle, Ericsson, Dice, Saab and Accenture.
The programme also prepares students for a career in research or continued studies towards a doctoral degree. Former students have continued their studies on the doctoral level in Sweden, USA, Germany, and Russia, among others.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Philosophy of Science and Research Methodology for Computer Scientists
- Program Integrating Course in Computer Science
- Artificial Intelligence
- Computer Security
- Advanced Algorithms
- Protocols and Principles of the Internet
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Software Engineering Machine Learning View 23 other Masters in Software Engineering in Sweden
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at KTH Royal Institute of Technology and/or in Sweden, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
A bachelor’s degree corresponding to 180 ECTS credits, or equivalent, including courses in:
- Mathematics: four different subjects of a total of 28,5 ECTS credits. Among those subjects there must be a course in one-variabel calculus, a course in linear algebra, a course in probability theory and statistics and a course in discrete mathematics.
- Computer Science/Information Technology: three different subjects of a total of 22,5 ECTS credits. Among those subjects there must be a course in object oriented programming, a course in algorithms and data structures and an in-depth course in algorithmic complexity.
- A course in calculus in several variable (i.e. SF1626) is required for some of the tracks.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14115 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28230 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
- The full programme tuition fee for non-EU/EEA/Swiss citizens studying this programme is SEK 310,000.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.