The MArch in Architecture from Leeds Beckett University offers an internationally transposable professional-level architectural education leading to a qualification that meets the Architects Registration Board (ARB) and Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA) Part 2 exemption. This course is listed in the Commonwealth Association of Architects' approved courses.
With the design studio taking centre stage during your studies, you will be challenged to develop solutions to a series of architectural design problems. Your course will explore current topical issues in architecture, including historical and philosophical thought, contemporary conditions of urban inhabitation, challenges to a sustainable ecology and the ramifications of modern technology. You will forge an individual approach to architecture as you explore your personal interests in relation to city, regional, national and global design perspectives.
The school is closely linked to professional societies, such as Leeds Society of Architects, West Yorkshire Society of Architects and RIBA Yorkshire region, and provides a vibrant environment for architectural debate. You will study with a diverse body of leading practitioners, academic educators and visiting professors who will provide a wide range of opportunities for architectural discussion, stimulation and engagement.
Upon graduating, you will be able to progress to professional registration examinations allowing access to legal title of architect, and the ability to practise within markets in the UK, EU and other legal jurisdictions. Students have gone on to achieve significant success working for architectural practices in the UK and overseas. Alternatively, you could continue your education by studying for a research or specialist degree.
- Architect (Private Practice)
- Architect (Local Authorities)
- Architect (Government Organisation)
- Architect (Commercial Companies)
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- History & Theory: Context Studies
- Design Studio
- Professional Studies
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Most courses don't have fixed application deadlines. But, our courses are popular - they can fill up quickly. It's best to apply as early as possible.
DisciplinesArchitecture View 274 other Masters in Architecture in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Applicants should either have at least a second class honours degree in the cognate subject of Architecture from an ARB/RIBA accredited Part One course, at least a second class honours degree in Architecture from a non ARB/RIBA Part One course and work experience or at least a second class honours degree in Architecture from a non ARB/RIBA Part One course with Part One awarded through the ARB Assessment Panel and work experience.
- A year of professional work experience in architectural practice or a cognate discipline prior to entry is not essential but is considered advantageous. All applications should be supported by a reference, either academic or professional; you can download our for completion.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14000 GBP per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 24 months.
- PT UK: £1541 for each 20 credit point module
- Part-time rates for international students are not automatically displayed as there are specific visa requirements which generally limit students to study in the UK on a full-time basis.
Living costs for Leeds
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.