Choose your independent advanced research project from a wide list of topics, which are designed to offer you an immersive experience in the research laboratory, as well as the opportunity to contribute to science in an area you are passionate about.
The strong research element of MSc bioscience, along with the specialist and fundamental skills you’ll develop, will prepare you for a range of careers.
Many graduates of the programme progress to PhD study, others to different aspects in bioscience-related research and well as a wide range of graduate level occupations.
You’ll undertake a laboratory-based mini-project providing a hands-on experience in molecular biology techniques.
You’ll also choose and undertake a laboratory-based independent research project on an innovative topic related to your course options.
Professional and career development
We take your personal and career development very seriously. As well as our Industrial Advisory Board, we also have dedicated employability and professional development officers who ensure that you are aware of events and opportunities to increase your employability.
In addition, our Masters career development programme will support you to:
- explore career options and career planning
- understand the PhD application process and optimise PhD application
- learn how to use LinkedIn and other social media for effective networking and career opportunities
- practice interviews for both job and PhD applications
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Practical Bioinformatics
- MSc Bioscience Research Project Proposal
- Research Planning and Scientific Communication
- Advanced Biomolecular Technologies
- Protein Engineering Laboratory Project
- Bioscience MSc Research Project
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesBiomedicine Human Medicine Microbiology View 944 other Masters in Human Medicine in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Applicants should normally have a bachelor’s degree with at least a 2:1 in a subject that has covered the cellular and molecular basis of life such as: Genetics, Microbiology, Biochemistry.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
Tuition FeeVisit official programme website
Living costs for Leeds
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.