This programme Anaesthesia Associate at University of Birmingham, will develop a practitioner role that enables the anaesthesia team to have more staff working differently. Presently in the UK only doctors who have had specialist training in anaesthesia can administer anaesthetics.
The PA(A) is a health professional who will expand the anaesthetic service and make operating theatres work more efficiently. You will work alongside other members of the anaesthetic team and under the supervision of your anaesthetist.
The programme is studied over 27 months full-time which includes 24 months of academic study and clinical training, followed by 3 months of supervised practice.
This programme is part of a structred training programme for the role of Physicians' Assistant (Anaesthesia) or PA(A).
More informationVisit official programme website
- Introduction to clinical practice
- Introduction to anaesthesia
- Physics in anaesthesia
- The anaesthesia machine and monitoring
- The heart and circulation
- The airways and lungs
- 27 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesPhysiotherapy View 7 other Masters in Physiotherapy in United Kingdom
The programme is open to applicants from two different routes:
1. Registered health care practitioners (eg, nurses, operating department practitioners) require one or both of the following:
- A first degree in a health-related subject
2. New entrants to health care (graduates or graduate equivalent) require:
- A biomedical science or biological science background
- Preferably a second-class Honours degree or better, or other evidence of recent and successful academic activity
- A demonstrable commitment to a career in health care
EU/EEA6167 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6167 GBP per year and a duration of 27 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!