It guarantees an interdisciplinary education in which computer science intersects with philosophy, psychology, linguistics, engineering and other fields. It focuses on knowledge engineering, automatic learning and multi-agent systems, natural language processing, reasoning and problem solving, soft computing and AI technologies, as well as professional practice of AI techniques.
The doctoral degree in AI, which follows on from this master’s degree, has been awarded the Spanish Ministry of Education’s Quality Award every year since 2003 until 2010. It is now a verified programme.
This Artificial Intelligence programme is offered at Polytechnic University of Catalonia.
The master’s degree is addressed to students who wish to acquire advanced knowledge in AI in order to occupy positions of responsibility in industry, the public sector or academia, in Spain or abroad. The programme covers many research areas related to the design, analysis and application of AI. Students who undertake this master’s degree will be equipped to:
- Deal with technically complex problems that require a degree of innovation and/or research.
- Make strategically important decisions within their professional domain.
- Pursue doctoral studies within the domain of information and communication technologies at the UPC, the URV, the UB or abroad.
Generic competencies are the skills that graduates acquire regardless of the specific course or field of study. The generic competencies established by the UPC are capacity for innovation and entrepreneurship, sustainability and social commitment, knowledge of a foreign language (preferably English), teamwork and proper use of information resources.Specifics competences
- Design and implement computer-based studies, including cost analysis and execution adjusted to the available resources and the existing procedures.
- Satisfy different organisations' information-analysis needs and identify sources of uncertainty and variability.
- Solve the decision-making problems of different organisations and integrate intelligent tools.
- Apply artificial intelligence techniques in technological and industrial settings in order to improve quality and productivity.
- Design, draft and present reports on computer-related projects, specifically in the field of artificial intelligence.
- Design new computer tools and artificial intelligence techniques in their professional practice.
- Assimilate and integrate changes in the economic, social and technological milieu into the goals and procedures of computer work in intelligent systems.
- Respect regulations and ethics in their professional practice.
- Respect the environment and design and develop intelligent systems that promote environmental sustainability.
- Computational Intelligence
- Computational Vision
- Human Language Engineering
- Knowledge and Representation Engineering
- Planning and Approximate Reasoning
- Advanced Artificial Vision
- Advanced Machine Learning Techniques
- Advanced Natural Language Processing
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Artificial Intelligence View 17 other Masters in Artificial Intelligence in Spain
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
An official Spanish university qualification or an official university qualification issued by a university in the European Higher Education Area (EHEA) that qualifies the holder for admission to a master's degree.
A qualification issued by a university in a country that is not in the EHEA. If the qualification has not been homologated, the UPC will verify that the course of study corresponds to a level of education equivalent to an official Spanish university degree and that the qualification obtained would provide admission to a master’s degree in the country in which it was awarded. This access route in no way implies the homologation of the qualification or its recognition for any purpose other than admission to the master's degree. The master's degree will, however, be fully and legally valid.
International4150 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6225 EUR for the full programme during 18 months.
EU/EEA1660 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2490 EUR for the full programme during 18 months.
Living costs for Barcelona
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.