This Offshore Floating Systems at University of Strathclyde provides you with practical knowledge of offshore floating systems. You’ll look at their conceptions, design and installation. You’ll also gain a sound basis of mathematical and engineering fundamentals.
With the world-wide search for offshore oil and gas moving into increasingly hostile areas of ocean and deep and ultra-deep water, floating systems are becoming more widely used. Floating systems must be designed and built to withstand harsh environments with innovative methods and techniques being adopted to develop robust as well as economically efficient and safe structures. In meeting these challenges, concern for the environment is of increasing importance.
We have excellent teaching facilities including:
- Our departmental racing yacht, Catalina
- Kelvin Hydrodynamics Lab – the largest ship-model experiment tank in any UK university
- Towing/wave tank exclusively for teaching purposes
- Marine engine laboratory
- Cutting-edge computer facilities
- Industry standard software
This course is accredited by the Royal Institution of Naval Architects (RINA) and the Institute of Marine Engineering, Science and Technology (IMarEST).
- Inspection & Survey
- Risers & Mooring Lines
- Dynamics of Floating Offshore Installations
- Finite Element Analysis of Floating Structures
- Maritime Safety & Risk
- Design & Construction of Floating, Production, Storage & Offloading Vessels
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
- There’s no formal closing date for postgraduate applications
DisciplinesIndustrial & Systems Engineering Marine Engineering Mining, Oil & Gas View 62 other Masters in Mining, Oil & Gas in United Kingdom
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Strathclyde and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Normally a first-class or second-class honours degree (or international equivalent) in a relevant subject.
International23050 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23050 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Glasgow
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.