The MSc in Advanced Mechanical Engineering at The University of Strathclyde has been developed to provide high-calibre mechanical engineering graduates with an in-depth technical understanding of advanced mechanical topics, together with generic skills that will allow them to contribute effectively in developing company capabilities.
This course will help you to gain expert knowledge in advanced mechanical engineering topics. You'll also have the opportunity to take modules in general skills such as project management and risk analysis. These are necessary skills for any professional engineer.
This course is designed to meet industrial demand for qualified staff in the area of Mechanical Engineering. It is particularly suitable for graduate engineers in the following sectors:
- chemical & process engineering
- design engineering
- power generation
- oil & gas
- renewable energy
This course is accredited by the Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE) and provides a route for you to achieve Chartered Engineer status.
- Engineering Composites
- Pressurised Systems
- Aerodynamic Performance
- Aerodynamic Propulsion Systems
- Machinery Diagnosis and Condition Monitoring
- Spaceflight Mechanics
- Advanced Topics in Fluid Systems Engineering
- Spaceflight Systems
- Polymer and Polymer Composites
- Materials for High Temperature Applications
- Gas and Steam Turbines
- Energy Resources and Policy
- Electrical Power Systems
- Energy Modelling and Monitoring
- Industrial Metallurgy.
- Generic Modules: Design Management
- Project Management
- Risk Management Financial Engineering
- Environmental Impact Assessment
- 12 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
- There’s no formal closing date for postgraduate applications
DisciplinesMechanical Engineering Energy & Power Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 162 other Masters in Energy & Power Engineering in United Kingdom
- Normally a first-class or second-class honours degree (or international equivalent) in engineering or physical sciences, or equivalent professional qualification.
- A lower class degree may be considered with relevant work experience.
International23050 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23050 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Glasgow
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.