Germany is the primary location in researching and developing new technologies in mechanical engineering industries and textile production worldwide. Germany is also one of the biggest producers of technical textiles.
RWTH Aachen's Textile Engineering department (ITA) has frequently been honored for their innovations and leading position in the area of textile engineering, for example, it won the Techtextil Innovation Award 2015. M.Sc. Textile Engineering at RWTH Aachen University offers an interdisciplinary curriculum drawing on diverse science and engineering principles.In this program you will learn about the latest developments in textile technology in a wide range of subjects covering high-performance fibers, 3D textiles and new processes and machines to manufacture textile products. In 2015, the program was accredited by ASIIN e.V. as well as by the Textile Institute.
- work at companies such as Anvis, BASF, Continental, Fiat, Ford, Kautex, Liebherr, Rolls Royce, Toyota and Volkswagen
- are very successful on the job market: half of our graduates find employment within a month of graduating and two thirds within three months
- increase their salary by more than 50% (about 40 %)
An RWTH textile engineer is someone who...
- develops new machines to manufacture textile products
- develops nano-composite materials for high-performance textiles
- invents new fiber-reinforced plastic materials for application in aeronautics or car racing such as Formula 1
- develops advanced polymer blend technology for product improvements in textiles and composites
- improves and develops innovative methods in production of fibre-reinforced plastic materials
- designs smart fibers which are able to monitor vital signs to support more independence to those with cardiovascular disease treatment
...to make a difference. Is this you?
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Control Engineering
- Machine Design Process
- Gear and Transmission Technology
- Advanced Finite Element Methods
- Fluid Dynamics
- Quality Management
- High Performance Fibers
- Minor Research Project
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, National
- Deadline passed, International
- Deadline passed, EEA/EU
Applications open from 3rd December.
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering Mechanical Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 75 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Academic first degree: Bachelor of Engineering or Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering or a related discipline
- Good performance in your undergraduate studies
- Fundamental knowledge in the following subjects: Mathematics, Mechanics, Material Sciences, Thermodynamics, Chemistry, Physics, Machine Tools, Technical Drawing, Finishing, Textile Techniques, Fibres, Automatic Control, Quality Management, Computer Sciences, Simulation Techniques, Economics, Molecular Chemistry
International9000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 18000 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA9000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 18000 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
- Can be paid at a rate of €4500 per semester
- 150€ administration fee for the MSM semester
- 250€ RWTH Aachen University social contribution fee
There are several scholarship opportuntities available for international students. We highly recommend students to start searching for an appropriate scholarship as soon as possible.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.