The program is taught in English and is divided into two tracks with a focus on international management. One track (Quantitative Business) is designed for quantitative decision analysts and one track for creative and strategic thinkers (Innovative Management). Click here to learn more about the particular program strengths of the MIM.
The two-year Master in Management program begins in September of every year. Students graduate with an M.Sc. in Management, worth 120 ECTS credits.
The Management program from ESMT Berlin is currently ranked #1 in Germany and #12 globally in the Financial Times' global Masters in Management (MIM) 2021 ranking. ESMT Berlin are currently ranked in the FT Business School ranking as the #1 business school in Germany and #9 in Europe, ESMT is one of only two business schools in Germany to appear in every international ranking among the top business school rankings. Have a look at where our programs rank.
The Master in Management program at ESMT trains students in business applications, stressing an interdisciplinary link between business and technology. Throughout the MIM program, you gain helpful insights into career development, have the opportunity to work in up to three different organizations, and develop a long-term career plan that fits your needs.
Along your MIM journey, the Career Services prepares you to get the job you want with:
- Personal consultations and guidance from Career Services staff
- Skills workshops (examples are networking, CV and cover letter writing, interviewing and salary negotiations)
- On-campus recruiting and access to top recruiters
- Alumni panels and Master Classes
- Company visits in Berlin and Germany
- An exclusive job platform
- Judgment & Decision-making
- Competitive and Corporate Strategy
- Business Economics
- Organizational Behaviour
- Financial Accounting
- Financial Management and Corporate Finance
- Advanced statistics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Round 1 Early Decision: Accepted candidates from this round will receive a €2,000 discount on tuition March 31
- Round 2 For applicants who require a student visa to study in Germany June 1
- June 1 Final Round: Final deadline for all applicants is August 15
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Master in Management (MIM) Strategic Management View 35 other Masters in Strategic Management in Germany
- A previous degree (at least Bachelor's equivalent). Applications will also be accepted from final-year undergraduate students awaiting completion of their degree.
- Ideally no more than 18 months of postgraduate work experience (excl. internships)
- Completed application - including essays, one reference and €50 application fee
- Individual interview over Skype
Ideally no more than 18 months of postgraduate work experience
International14750 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29500 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
EU/EEA14750 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29500 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
- The tuition is paid in three installments over two academic years.
- The tuition covers all seminars, selected teaching materials, orientation, and career support.
Living costs for Berlin
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.