The Marketing - Franchising, Retail & Service Chains program at IGR – IAE Rennes aims to prepare students to enter and develop in franchising, retail and service chains (franchising, cooperatives and associated businesses, brand licensing, partnership, branch offices…).
Franchising, retail and service chains are particularly dynamic in retailing (ready-to-wear, cosmetics, specialized food, etc.), services (hairdressing, homecare services, business services, etc.) and the social sector, whether in France or abroad.
Assets of the Master in Franchising, Retail & Service Chains
- Diversity of job opportunities: Chain Management, Chain Development, Chain Marketing, Chain Engineering,Chain Entrepreneurship, International Franchising, Business unit Management
- Wide range of industries: retailing, services, social sector franchising...
- Multiple kinds of chains: franchising, independant associated retailing, partnership
- International opportunities: Europe, developed countries, developing countries...
- Benefits of the Center in Franchising, Retail & Service Chains: relationships with the corporate partners, talks/seminars of French and foreign experts, participation to the student competition
- Focus on professionalization: studies of concrete cases, testimonials/talks of professionals, visits of companies
- Very good professional integration: in average, more than 90% of alumni are employed in less than two months after graduating
- Multi-disciplinary approach to be familiar with the “culture of chain”: marketing, management, strategy, law, finance
- Complementarity of professors: faculty members and professionals, all experts in franchising, retail and service chains, representatives of the federations (FFF and FCA)
- International perspectives: multicultural learning environment, joint classes with the French students of the other group of the Master, talks/seminars of researchers of the International Society of Franchising
- Learning through research to develop reasoning and critical thinking: participation to workshops, preparation of a Master dissertation
- Organizational forms and chains
- Management and chains
- Development and chains
- Marketing and chains
- Engineering and chains
- Internationalization and chains
- Control and performance and chains
- Law and chains
- Innovation and new trends in franchising, retail and service chains
- Master dissertation
- Internship and professionnal integration
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMarketing Retail Management View 47 other Masters in Marketing in France
- certified copy of the Bachelor's degree and accompagnying certifed transcripts;
- Evidence of English language proficiency.
- One passport sized photos (format 4cm x 4cm);
- Photocopy of passport or "carte de séjour" if applicable;
- Certified translation in French or in English of birth certificate;
- Detailed curriculum vitae;
- Motivation letter written in English explaining the reasons why you are applying to the program.
International6500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6500 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA6500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6500 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.