This Statistics course at University of Sheffield will teach you the theories behind a variety of statistical techniques, and how to apply them in scenarios that professional statisticians face every day.
- You’ll develop a detailed working knowledge of important statistical techniques and concepts, including linear and generalised linear modelling, Bayesian statistics, time series and machine learning. You’ll learn how to analyse and draw meaningful conclusions from data, and develop your programming skills using the statistical computing software R.
- This course also includes modules on how to collect data and design experiments, and the role of statistics in clinical trials.
- Our MSc is accredited by the Royal Statistical Society. It will teach you how to think and act like a professional.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Data Analysis
- Statistical Laboratory
- Linear Models
- Dependent Data
- Sampling, Design and Medical Statistics
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMathematics Applied Mathematics Statistics View 262 other Masters in Mathematics in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Sheffield and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- We ask for a 2:1 honours degree, or equivalent, with substantial mathematical and statistical components.
- In particular, you should have studied the following topics and performed well in assessments on them (for example, a score of at least 60 per cent).
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International23250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23250 GBP per year during 12 months.
National11500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11500 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Sheffield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.