The Statistics with Applications to Finance degree from University of Leeds is a focused degree programme which enables you to broaden and deepen your understanding of statistics and financial applications.
As well as the statistics expertise within the School of Mathematics, the MSc also draws on experience in Financial Mathematics, a joint venture between the School of Mathematics and Leeds University Business School.
There is a shortage of well-qualified statisticians in the UK and other countries. Numeracy, in general, is an attribute keenly sought after by employers. The emergence of data mining and analysis means that demand for statisticians is growing across a wide range of sectors, including:
- Actuarial, betting and gaming industries
- Charitable organisations
- Commercial, environmental and financial organisations
- Forensic and police investigation
- Government departments
- Market research
- Medical and pharmaceutical organisations
This programme is accredited by the Royal Statistical Society.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Discrete-Time Finance
- Continuous-Time Finance
- Risk Management
- Time Series and Spectral Analysis
- Statistical Computing
- Mixed Models
- Linear Regression and Robustness
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesFinance Statistics Actuarial Science View 120 other Masters in Actuarial Science in United Kingdom
- A bachelor degree with a 2:1 (hons) in a subject containing a substantial mathematical and statistical component.
- Successful applicants will have a foundation in Statistics including strong grades in statistical modules. We may ask for further detailed module information if these are not clear on your transcript. We do not normally accept degrees in Accountancy or Finance.
Living costs for Leeds
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.