With the advancement of food technology, food manufacture has allowed for enhanced food quality, improved food safety and increasingly competitive options for consumers. Developments in food production have also given way to consideration of the impact on food safety.
You will develop the ability to apply fundamental scientific concepts to understand and manipulate the complex characteristics of foods. The Food Science programme from University of Leeds will also allow you to challenge current issues in food production and issues arising from food safety.
Graduates from the School go into careers in research, in the food industry, into regulatory and public bodies across the world, backed by the confidence and skills gained from studying at one of the leading schools of food science and nutrition internationally.
Our graduates are in big demand and food companies come to Leeds to recruit the best talent. Some of our past graduates hold key positions in the food industry and government agencies.
Here are some examples of the roles that our graduates are now in:
- Quality Standards Technologist, Britvic Soft Drinks
- Food Quality Inspector, Newsholme Food Group
- Senior Food Technologist, Amy's Kitchen
- Scientist - Beverage and Sweet, Kerry Asia Pacific
- Quality Assurance Manager, Indian Foodtech Ltd.
- Development Technologist, Premier Foods
- Food Scientist, Newly Weds Food
- Product Developer, CP Foods UK
- Product Designer, ASDA
- Product Technologist, Nestle
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Physical Aspects of Food
- Microbiological and Chemical Food Safety
- Food Processing
- Colloid and Dairy Science
- Structure and Function of Food Components
- Food Analysis
- Research Project: Masters Students
- Food Quality Assurance and Control
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesFood Sciences Biochemistry View 151 other Masters in Biochemistry in United Kingdom
A bachelor degree with a 2:2 (hons) or equivalent in a relevant science subject.
Living costs for Leeds
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.