Viewed through both international and regional lenses, the field of conflict management will be explored in its many facets, with special attention paid to the wider Middle East conflict while conceptual, practical and comparative elements of conflict management of other global conflicts are examined.
As a deeply divided society and a country in protracted conflict with other countries in the region, Israel is a unique environment for a program whose goal is to enable students to understand how conflicts unfold from the grassroots level and move up through the halls of government to the international community. Israel supplies excellent field study opportunities that allow students to see how attempts to manage conflicts and promote coexistence, mutual understanding, and peace processes actually develop and take root, and is a real-time hands-on working laboratory for advanced international and Israeli students, offering encounters with ongoing conflicts as well as successful and failed efforts to achieve peace.
What will you study
The interdisciplinary program of study includes courses in political science, international relations, psychology, sociology, communications, history and regional studies. Included in the course of study are a number of field trips throughout Israel in order to gain close familiarity with certain aspects of the local conflict. There is also a practicum component in NGOs related to aspects of peace-making and conflict management; thoughtful simulations of decision making processes, negotiations and conflict management; and guest lectures given by activists, practitioners, politicians, diplomats, academics and former military officials.
Over the Peace and Conflict Management at University of Haifa of three semesters we will study sources, types and levels of conflicts, where students will become familiar with tools to trace their development. The curriculum takes as its focus courses on conflict management and provides students with practical tools in the fostering of peace processes. Research methodology and a field practicum are also included.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Paths to Peace: Conflict Management, Conflict Resolution, Peacebuilding and Reconciliation
- Research Methods in Peace and Conflict Studies
- Theories and Issues in Intergroup Conflict: A Multidisciplinary Perspective
- Conflict and its Resolution at the Community Level
- Geopolitics of the Middle East
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesInternational Relations Strategic Management Political Science
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A minimum of 3.0 GPA, 80% (Israeli system) or equivalent
- Official transcript of BA degree and copy of undergraduate diploma
- TOEFL scores of 89 on the internet-based test
- Two recommendations from relevant academic faculty members
- Statement of Intent/Personal Essay (500-750 words)
- Curriculum Vitae/Résume
- Medical forms (international students only)
- Copy of valid passport and six passport-sized photos (international students only)
Work experience in an organization for human rights, coexistence, or peace (preferred, not required)
Students who have not taken introductory courses in the social sciences during their undergraduate degree will need to successfully complete two courses before being accepted to the program:
- One introductory course in either psychology, sociology, anthropology, political science, or international relations.
- One introductory course in methodology (research methods, statistics) in a social science discipline.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International9980 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9980 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Haifa
- University of Haifa Need-Based Scholarship
- Fulbright MA Degree Fellowships
- U.S. Federal Aid - Master's Programs Applicants
- MASA Israel Scholarship Program
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.