Designed for both animal/human biology and clinical graduates, this Molecular Medicine flexible course from University of Sheffield focuses on the molecular and genetic factors of human diseases. Understanding those factors is crucial to the development of therapies.
- You’ll be brought up to date with the latest technical and scientific advances in biomedical science and therapeutic design and learn how to use the latest technology to answer research questions for yourself.
- Core modules cover the fundamentals. You'll choose specialist modules from the pathway that interests you most.
- You'll also receive practical lab training to prepare you for your research project. The project is five months of invaluable laboratory experience: planning, carrying out, recording and reporting your own research.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The course begins with six core modules that are appropriate to all specialities. These core modules cover the fundamentals.
- You'll then choose from one of four specialist pathways. Students decide on their pathway before the optional parts of the course begin in February. You only need to decide 10 weeks into the course when you choose your project, which will also be associated with a particular pathway. You'll choose specialist modules from the pathway that interests you most.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiomedicine Molecular Sciences View 270 other Masters in Biomedicine in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A 2:1 degree with a substantial element of human or animal biology. Medical students can intercalate after completion of three years of their medical degree. We also welcome medical graduates and graduates in other scientific subjects such as biotechnology.
- Overall IELTS score of 7.0 with a minimum of 6.5 in each component, or equivalent.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International26200 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26200 GBP per year during 12 months.
National10800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10800 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Sheffield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.