In addition to a rigorous and varied curriculum with leading academics and researchers, our students gain professional experience through internship opportunities at a variety of Holocaust related institutions, seminars, a foreign study tour, and volunteering opportunities with Holocaust survivors to help foster personal relationship and dedication to the field of Holocaust Studies .
What you will study
The Program in Holocaust Studies at University of Haifa offers courses on the history of the Holocaust period and WWII as well courses on psychological aspects of trauma, the anthropology of memory, genocide and crimes against humanity, international law, museum studies, Holocaust education, and cultural expressions of the Holocaust in film and literature. Language instruction in Yiddish and German is also offered. Both thesis and non-thesis tracks are available.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Anthropology of Memory
- The Holocaust Remembrance and its Impact on the Memory Politics of Genocide
- Literature of the Holocaust
- Visual Culture and the Holocaust
- From Silence to Omnipresence-Holocaust in the Curriculum
- From Violence to Tolerance: Psychological Aspects in Holocaust Education
- Holocaust Education for Democratic Values
- The Final Solution
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesHistory Modern History View 4 other Masters in History in Israel
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- An undergraduate degree in the humanities or social sciences from a recognized university in Israel or abroad with a final grade of 80% or more (Israeli system) or 3.0 GPA equivalent.A minimum of 3.0 GPA, 80%, or equivalent
- Candidates will be required to submit two letters of recommendation and a statement of purpose.
- Candidates who have not previously attended an institution of higher education where the language of instruction is English must submit official TOEFL scores or their equivalent.
- Students who do not have a background in the study of History will be requested to take relevant courses. Each case will be considered on its own merit.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International9980 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9980 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Haifa
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
- University of Haifa Need-Based Scholarship
- Fulbright MA Degree Fellowships
- U.S. Federal Aid - Master's Programs Applicants
- MASA Israel Scholarship Program
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.