This situation is especially relevant to the Middle East and Mediterranean regions as areas fraught with chronic tension, domestic and international conflict, and which face several acute social and economic issues.
Against this backdrop, the international MA program in International Relations with Specialization in Diplomacy Studies is intended to elucidate the role of diplomacy as a main vehicle and mechanism for systematically addressing the broad cluster of issues that affect the entire region, and which can no longer be effectively dealt with exclusively from a narrow unilateral or bilateral vantage point.
The MA in Diplomacy Studies programme is offered by the University of Haifa .
The program is primarily intended for practitioners who are employed in a range of public and private international, transnational and multilateral organizations, as well as for future diplomats, researchers, and academics abroad and in Israel.
What you will study
The focus of the program is such that it will bring to the fore the fundamental role of collaborative diplomatic mechanisms and as such is designed to provide students with new insights, concepts and analytical tools for fully understanding the enhanced functions of diplomacy in this new setting. The program is intended to enable students to identify effective solutions for a broad range of political, cultural and economic issues with which they will be faced, and for their continued involvement as bureaucrats, officials and decision makers in the context of complex negotiating situations and policy implementation. The full curriculum can be viewed here.
The one-year program is taught in English over three consecutive semesters from October to August. Exceptional students wishing to apply to the thesis track will need, upon acceptance, to submit a research thesis within one year of completing their coursework.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCore courses:
- The New Diplomacy: Structure, Technology And Processes
- Theories of Diplomacy
- Human Rights, Ethics and Diplomacy
- Foreign Policy and Diplomacy in Practice (Workshop)
- Diplomatic simulation (Workshop)
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesInternational Relations Political Science View 9 other Masters in Political Science in Israel
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A bachelor's degree, with a minimum GPA of 3.0, 80%, or the equivalent from an accredited university.
- Candidates who have not graduated from an academic institution where the language of instruction is English, or who are not native English speakers, must submit official TOEFL scores of at least 570 (in a written test), 230 (in a computerized test), or 89 (in an internet test) to be considered for admission.
- Statement of Purpose
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International10600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10600 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Haifa
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
- University of Haifa Need-Based Scholarship
- Fulbright MA Degree Fellowships
- U.S. Federal Aid - Master's Programs Applicants
- MASA Israel Scholarship Program
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.