The International MA Program in Child Development offered by the University of Haifa is designed to train the next generation of international experts who will focus on pressing questions regarding the nature of child development and how it applies to the lives of children and their families in developing countries.
This unique interdisciplinary program aims to provide professionals with a comprehensive theoretical basis and an applied skillset that will be effective in influencing the well-being of children in a positive manner. The program is designed for professionals with experience working with children: social workers, occupational therapists, communication clinicians, physical therapists, public health nurses and nurses in pediatric departments, family and youth judges and family lawyers, special educators, public policy makers and others.
What you will study
The program is made up of courses designed to equip students with a comprehensive understanding of child development from the vantage point of a number of different disciplines, so as to provide a holistic and encompassing understanding of the field in all its facets. Elements of study include developmental psychology, psychopathology, neuroscience, cognitive and language development, intervention and prevention, methodology and statistics, parenting, and child development in a cross-cultural environment. Workshops in clinical observation are also included.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Caregiver –Child Relationships in early life: Their Importance for Development
Human Development Across the life span
Parenting and Attachment
Statistics for Developmental Sciences
Selected Issues in Child Development Research
Final Project Seminar
Field work seminar
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesEducation Educational Psychology Genetics
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Accredited BA in relevant academic disciplines related to social services for children: social work, occupational therapy, speech and language pathology, physical therapy, nursing, early childhood education, psychology, and law.
- Copy of diploma and official transcript
- A minimum of 3.0 GPA, 80% or equivalent
- At least three years of experience working with children and families. Preference will be given to individuals who already demonstrate experience in leadership positions in their respective fields.
- English test scores is required if native language is not English
- Two letters of recommendation from university faculty members and from the senior professional in the field. Please view the form.
- Statement of Purpose (500 words) - Please state your specific interests with respect to the International Child Development MA program.
- CV with Personal History Statement
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International9980 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9980 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Haifa
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
- University of Haifa Need-Based Scholarship
- Fulbright MA Degree Fellowships
- U.S. Federal Aid - Master's Programs Applicants
- MASA Israel Scholarship Program
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.