The International MA Program in Child Development offered by the University of Haifa is designed to train the next generation of international experts who will focus on pressing questions regarding the nature of child development and how it applies to the lives of children and their families in developing countries.
This unique program equips future professionals with a comprehensive theoretical basis and an applied skillset that will be effective in influencing the well-being of children and their families in a positive manner.
The program is made up of courses designed to equip students with a comprehensive understanding of child development from the vantage point of a number of different disciplines, so as to provide a holistic and encompassing understanding of the field in all its facets. Elements of study include developmental psychology, psychopathology, neuroscience, cognitive and language development, intervention and prevention, methodology and statistics, parenting, and child development in a cross-cultural environment. Workshops in clinical observation are also included.
There are also a series of guest lectures by leading scholars from various disciplines where topics covered have included early child care, child maltreatment; environment and genetics; orphanages, foster care, adoption, traumatic stress, drama therapy, sleep and child development; political violence and child soldiers; and children’s rights.
The program upgrades significantly the status of professionals working with children and families and prepares students for leadership roles in the community, in educational, health and welfare settings, and NGOs. In addition, the program provides skills for conducting child and family assessments, designing prevention and intervention programs and evaluating the quality of ongoing programs.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Cognitive and Language Development and Emerging Literacy
- Child development in a cross- cultural perspective
- Developmental Neuroscience
- Developmental Prevention and Intervention Methods
- Developmental Psychopathology
- Parenting and Attachment
- Psychological Assessments of Young Children
- Selected Issues in Child Development Research
- Statistics for Developmental Sciences
- Advanced Developmental Psychology
- Selected Topics in Applied Developmental Sciences
- Final Project Seminar
- Observation Methods - Children, Parents, Child Care Settings, Pre-schools
- and Schools: Workshop
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
Applications are processed on a rolling admissions basis. To secure a spot in the program, we encourage students to apply as early as possible.
DisciplinesEducation Educational Psychology View 8 other Masters in Education in Israel
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Accredited BA in relevant academic disciplines related to social services for children: social work, occupational therapy, speech and language pathology, physical therapy, nursing, early childhood education, psychology, and law.
- Copy of diploma and unofficial transcript
- English test scores might be required if native language is not English or candidates have not previously studied at an institution of higher education where the language of instruction is English.
- Three letters of recommendation from university faculty members and/or senior professionals in the field
- Statement of Purpose (500 words)
- Personal History Statement (500 words)
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International9910 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9910 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
Some of the MA programs have a limited number of scholarships available for students based on financial need. Students who are in financial need are encouraged to submit an application.
In addition to the University of Haifa need-based scholarship you can also submit applications to all other scholarship opportunities for which you are eligible (MASA, local Jewish Federation, etc.).
Find out more by visiting the University website!
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.