The Marine Environment (MER) from University of Bordeaux provides high quality teaching in general oceanography with a specialization in marine environment (ecology, ecotoxicology, biochemistry, geochemistry, sedimentology, paleo-oceanography) and living or non-living marine resources.
The MER+ program benefits from a consortium of four EU universities (Bilbao - Spain, Bordeaux-France, Southampton-UK and Liège-Belgium) and a worldwide network of associated partners.
Strengths of this Master program?
- Successful MER+ students acquire a high degree of personal and scientific maturity, due to the wide range of topics taught in the domains of oceanography and marine resource management.
- Students learn to prove strong mobility, autonomy and the capacity to adapt to different cultural and administrative conditions in the different countries involved.
- At least three major European academic systems are experienced, and practice in applications for funding etc. at an international level is largely acquired.
- Having studied in (at least 3) different countries and followed all the lectures and practical workshops in the English language, MER+ students have excellent profiles for starting positions in a scientific career in an international context.
After this Master program?
- Successful completion of this program will prepare students for a leadership role in various marine sectors such as conservation and environmental management, fisheries, nongovernmental organizations and all levels of government positions from local to global. Students benefit from a worldwide network of partner institutions.
- From the start, the MER+ program has trained more than 100 students. More than 50% of graduates continue with a PhD. Other graduates integrate public or private organizations in their field of expertise.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Fundamental: Ocean Science
- Framework: Ocean Physical Environment
- Ocean Biological Environment
- Anthropogenic Impact on Marine Ecosystems
- Ocean Observatories and Environmental Monitoring Systems
- Valorization of the Marine Environment
- Marine Environmental Careers
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Hold a Bachelor degree or equivalent from a European or third country university in the field of biosciences, chemical sciences, geosciences, physical sciences or engineering.
- Language requirements
International9000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9000 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA4500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4500 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.