The FAME+ Master is a two-year Master of Science Program in Advanced Functional Materials. It is taught in English (100%) at seven universities, leaders in the field.
This Functionalized Advanced Materials and Engineering (FAME) programme from the University of Bordeaux provides high-level academic and researchoriented education on the synthesis, characterization and processing of all classes of materials with emphasis on “Advanced Hybrid Materials and Ceramics by Design” in Bordeaux.
The program helps students develop a creative thinking mindset and leadership skills, along with a keen awareness of social and industrial needs, thanks to innovative learning practices that include extensive, collaborative projects.
European mobility is mandatory during the two-year Master program thus taking advantage of the complementary skills of the universities in the network. In the last decade, more than 200 students have graduated from the FAME+ Master.
Strengths of this Master program?
High-level academic and research-oriented education about the synthesis, characterization and processing of all classes of materials including:
- Chemistry and Physics of Materials during the first year.
- Specialization in one of the seven programs offered by the partner universities.
After this Master program?
- After completion of this Master, students are encouraged to apply for Ph.D programs in Europe.
- Graduates may also start working as scientists or R&D engineers within the industrial sector.
- More than 70% of the FAME+ Master graduates from Bordeaux have successfully pursued their studies with a PhD opportunity. These PhDs have been carried out in Bordeaux (~33%), in France (~50%) and in Europe (~87%).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
The FAME+ program consists of four semesters including a Master thesis in a European research laboratory.
- The first two semesters establish a firm background in Chemistry and Physics of Materials. Professional skills are developed through the FAME+/e project.
- The third semester is dedicated to a specialization provided by one of the partner universities as world-leading expert. It is composed of mandatory and optional courses. For students studying in Bordeaux, the specialization is “Advanced Hybrid Materials and Ceramics by Design”.
- The last semester is dedicated to the Master thesis, prepared in the academic or industrial research laboratories of the FAME+ network.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering View 27 other Masters in Materials Science & Engineering in France
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Hold a Bachelor degree in material science or in physics/physical chemistry/chemistry/engineering with a speciality in the field of materials.
- All courses are taught in English. Applicants must attach an official language test report to their application.
International9000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9000 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA4000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4000 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.