After recent decades of rule of law promotion, the need to “legally” harm, detain, profit or pollute has transformed how policy moves are now performed and contested on the world stage.
The LLM in International Law provides a programme of study from University of Kent - Brussels School of International Studies has elevated the significance of international legal rules for a range of governmental, corporate and societal actors, who each compete to devise legal norms, characterisations and strategies to address global political and economic problems.
Thus, international law has become a central domain of struggle across a variety of pressing policy challenges, ranging from robotised military strategies, territorial claims spurred by climate change, the global projection of EU rules, to transnational blacklists.
For many students, coming to Brussels is a great opportunity to seek out internship and job opportunities. There is a wealth of opportunities in the city to gain valuable work experience in the institutions, organisations and companies in Brussels which could potentially lead to a career post graduation.
At the Brussels School of International Studies, students have access to the services of Key2advance, a dedicated careers service that provides students with assistance in developing skills and accessing the international job market. The weekly career workshops cover all aspects of the job market starting with rewriting your CV and cover letters to learning networking skills. This leads to a networking event during the Autumn Term that allows students to meet and network with employers and alumni.
- Legal Aspects of Contemporary International Problems
- The International Law on Foreign Investment
- International Diplomatic Law
- International Law of the Sea
- International Trade Law
- International Relations Theory
- Public International Law
- Global Security Law
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
There is no fixed application deadline for home/EU students, though we strongly recommend you apply no later than three months before the start date.
90 ECTS or 120 ECTS
More informationGo to the official programme website
DisciplinesInternational Law Legal Studies Master of Laws (LLM) View 3 other Masters in Legal Studies in Belgium
- Students should hold a bachelor degree for entry to this Master's degree.
- The standard of the degree will normally be at least an Upper Second Class Honours degree from countries such as the UK, Ghana, Nigeria or Kenya, or a minimum Grade Point Average of 3.0 under the American system from an accredited institution or equivalent.
- We do review candidates application on a case by case basis and extensive work experience may compensate for a slightly lower degree result.
International18850 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 18850 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA18850 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 18850 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
- UK/EU / Overseas: €9425
- UK/EU / Overseas: €26500
- UK/EU / Overseas: €13250
- University and external funds
- Scholarships specific to the academic school delivering this programme.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.