Throughout your studies of the Biomedical Science course from Cardiff Metropolitan University, your personal and professional understanding of Biomedical Science will be enhanced through an academically coherent programme of directed and self-directed learning. This will empower you to engage in and critically evaluate relevant contemporary biomedical themes, and to engage in research at postgraduate level, through the analysis and application of practical laboratory based activities.
As well as completing a number of core modules, you will choose a specialist option to focus on in your studies (Medical Biochemistry; Medical Microbiology; Immunohaematology; Cellular & Molecular Pathology or Medical Genetics & Genomics), and your award on graduating will name your chosen specialism within the title of the postgraduate qualification that you will obtain, as follows:
- MSc Biomedical Science (Medical Biochemistry)
- MSc Biomedical Science (Medical Microbiology)
- MSc Biomedical Science (Immunohaematology)
- MSc Biomedical Science (Cellular & Molecular Pathology)
- MSc Biomedical Science (Medical Genetics & Genomics)
The course will prepare you for the next stage of your career, whether pursuing further research, or professional study, or entering employment in the field of Biomedical Science. The course will also enhance the career prospects of those aspiring to middle and senior management positions within the NHS Pathology Service and the commercial sector.
- Molecular Biology
- Analytical and Diagnostic Techniques
- Research Methods in Biomedical Sciences
- Medical Biochemistry and Advanced Topics in Medical Biochemistry
- Immunohaematology and Advanced Topics in Immunhaematology
- Medical Microbiology and Advanced Topics in Medical Microbiology and Infection
- Cellular and Molecular Pathology and Advanced Topics in Cellular and Molecular Pathology
- Medical Genetics & Genomics and Advanced Topics in Medical Genetics & Genomics
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesBiology Biochemistry Genetics View 488 other Masters in Biology in United Kingdom
Applicants should normally have one of the following:
- A first or second class honours degree (1st or 2:1) which has a significant content of biological science
- At least a 60% pass in the Primary (Part I) examination for Fellowship of the Institute of Biomedical Science
- Substantial relevant experience at a senior level.
Usually this is by completion of the appropriate application form. Candidates entering via the exceptional entry route may be required to attend an interview.
International15500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15500 GBP per year during 12 months.
National10000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10000 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Cardiff
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.