The Sport Management and Leadership programme at Cardiff Metropolitan University is equally attractive to recent management graduates as well as international students seeking to develop their knowledge and employment potential (via a supervised placement or consulting internship) and who wish to study at Wales's premier University for sport.
Drawing on leadership perspectives the programme critically examines the sport and leisure industry, its context and current challenges. There is a clear focus on applied and experiential learning.
This is achieved by drawing extensively on sports organisations operating across all sectors of the industry and on using external speakers who are experts in their field to bring real life issues and challenges into the lecture setting. A high quality experience is provided with teaching undertaken in small groups and an emphasis on interaction and group work.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Personal Skills and Leadership Development
- Sport Context and Challenges
- Organisational Strategy
- Research Skills for Sport Leadership
- Contemporary Management & Marketing Practice
- Independent Study
- Supervised Placement
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Sports Management View 153 other Masters in Sports Management in United Kingdom
Applicants for the MSc in Sport Management and Leadership are expected to satisfy the following requirements:
- An honours degree (normally 2.1 or above) in an appropriate subject.
- Non-graduates will be considered provided the candidate has substantial and extensive work experience in sport management and held a position of responsibility or relevance to the course.
- For non-UK applicants, the minimum IELTS English Language requirement for this programme is 6.5 (with 6.0 in each individual element) or equivalent.
International14000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14000 GBP per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA9000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9000 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Cardiff
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.