In The Service Design programme of Ravensbourne University London in London, you will design new services at the point where they interface with the needs and experiences of end users, consumers and stakeholders.
Service designers are in increasing demand to translate how services can interact with innovation ecosystems, emerging technology, new business-to-business and organisational communications solutions. Do you wish to become a leading specialist in big bold ideas in the form of services? Build transformative capabilities and propel your career as a service designer in the creative economy and beyond? This master's in Service Design could be a personal game-changer.
People who complete a MDes Service Design master's degree may progress into jobs like:
- Design Planner
- Design Strategist
- Senior Innovation
- Director of Product Development
Key study topics:
Explore a range of technology enabled services – from eBooks and crowdfunding to streaming services and 3D printing
Explore platform design and the potential to design prototypes to build active participation amongst networks, ‘assemblies’, alliances and collaborations in digital and organisational eco-systems
Work within a laboratory prototyping experience with a strong commercial dimension to test ways that digital technologies can open up spaces for more nuanced revenue streams
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesIndustrial Design Design Graphic Design View 157 other Masters in Graphic Design in United Kingdom
- First or upper second class honours degree (or equivalent non-UK qualifications) in a relevant subject, or an equivalent professional qualification in a related subject area.
- If you are applying directly from an undergraduate degree course without experience or professional practice you must be able to demonstrate a good knowledge of your chosen subject area.
- In order to be eligible for a course, you will need to be a competent speaker and writer of English. This also applies if you are from the European Union, or if you're from a country outside the EU.
International17000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17000 GBP per year during 12 months.
National10400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10400 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.