This Nuclear Science and Technology course at University of Sheffield is run in partnership with fellow members of the Nuclear Technology Education Consortium (Sheffield is one of the lead partners, along with Manchester and Liverpool) and gives you access to more than 90 per cent of the UK’s academic expertise in nuclear waste immobilisation, decommissioning and clean-up.
- You’ll be based in the department’s world-leading NucleUS Immobilisation Science Laboratory, and will take eight modules on the nuclear fuel cycle.
- Topics include Decomissioning, Nuclear Technology and Environment and Safety. Each module includes a week at one of our partner universities.
Accredited by The Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET), The Energy Institute (EI), The Institute of Materials Minerals and Mining (IoM3) and The Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Processing, Storage and Disposal of Nuclear Waste
- Nuclear Fuel Cycle
- Reactor Physics and Criticality and Design
- Radiation Shielding
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesChemical Engineering Physics Nuclear Engineering View 84 other Masters in Chemical Engineering in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A good honours degree in materials, a physical science (chemistry or physics) or a related engineering subject.
- Overall IELTS score of 7.0 with a minimum of 6.5 in each component, or equivalent.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International19863 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19863 GBP per year during 12 months.
National19863 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19863 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Sheffield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.