Why study with us?
- Flexible study options - at the University of Newcastle , you can choose to study full-time or part-time to suit your professional and personal needs.
- Enhance your career opportunities - develop advanced analytical skills that are essential to organisations adopting new technologies or processes.
- Specialise your learning - the Information Technology program at the University of Newcastle gives you the opportunity to specialise in two key interest areas - business analytics & management information systems.
- $94,000 median starting salary (for postgraduate Computing and Information Systems graduates) - which is above the national average
With the flexibility to tailor your Master of Information Technology to best suit your career development needs, you will be able to hit the ground running with your newly attained specialist expertise.
Upon graduation, you will be capable of approaching complex problems with a level head, able to manage IT projects effectively and professionally, and have the technical expertise required to take on positions in electronic commerce, information systems, games development, technology management, health informatics or business systems and management.
Your career opportunities are quite diverse with possible career paths as a:
- business analyst
- database developer
- project manager
- systems analyst
- web developer
- software developer
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Database Management
- Systems Analysis and Design
- Process Analysis and Problem Solving
- Project Planning and Management
- Professional Practice in IT
- Information Technology Project
- Object Oriented Programming
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
- 72 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
International: It is recommended you submit your application a minimum of 12 weeks before your intended semester or trimester start date.
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Sciences Computer Sciences View 117 other Masters in Computer Sciences in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS code: 083517F
AQF Level 7 entry:
- Students with a three year Bachelor degree in a non-related field of study to Information Technology are eligible to undertake the 160 unit program, which can be completed in 2 years full time or 4 years part time.
- Students with a three year Bachelor degree in a non-related field of study to Information Technology, who also hold a minimum of two years of relevant senior level industry experience** , will study between 120 – 160 units. Students will be advised of specific program requirements depending on the content of previous work experience.
- Students with a three year Bachelor degree in a related field of study* are eligible to undertake a 120 unit program that can be completed in 1.5 years full time or 3 years part time.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International40570 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 40570 AUD per year during 24 months.
National25910 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25910 AUD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Newcastle
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.