As well as providing foundation IT skills for entrants with limited IT experience, the Information Technology program at the University of Newcastle provides opportunities for experienced IT professionals to enhance and apply their skills within emerging technology driven growth areas including IT, communications, management, business and entrepreneurship.
Why study with us?
- Flexible study options - at the University of Newcastle, you can choose to study full-time or part-time to suit your professional and personal needs.
- Enhance your career opportunities - develop advanced analytical skills that are essential to organisations adopting new technologies or processes.
- Specialise your learning - the Master of Information Technology gives you the opportunity to specialise in two key interest areas - business analytics & management information systems.
With the flexibility to tailor your Master of Information Technology to best suit your career development needs, you will be able to hit the ground running with your newly attained specialist expertise.
Upon graduation, you will be capable of approaching complex problems with a level head, able to manage IT projects effectively and professionally, and have the technical expertise required to take on positions in electronic commerce, information systems, games development, technology management, health informatics or business systems and management.
Your career opportunities are quite diverse with possible career paths as a:
- business analyst
- database developer
- project manager
- Database Management
- Systems Analysis and Design
- Process Analysis and Problem Solving
- Project Planning and Management
- Professional Practice in IT
- Information Technology Project
- Object Oriented Programming
- 24 months
- 72 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
International: It is recommended you submit your application a minimum of 12 weeks before your intended semester or trimester start date.
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Technology Computer Sciences View 116 other Masters in Informatics & Information Technology in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS code: 083517F
AQF Level 7 entry:
- Students with a three year Bachelor degree in a non-related field of study to Information Technology are eligible to undertake the 160 unit program, which can be completed in 2 years full time or 4 years part time.
- Students with a three year Bachelor degree in a non-related field of study to Information Technology, who also hold a minimum of two years of relevant senior level industry experience** , will study between 120 – 160 units. Students will be advised of specific program requirements depending on the content of previous work experience.
- Students with a three year Bachelor degree in a related field of study* are eligible to undertake a 120 unit program that can be completed in 1.5 years full time or 3 years part time.
International40280 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 40280 AUD per year during 24 months.
National26210 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26210 AUD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Newcastle
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.