You will learn to apply the principles of epidemiology and biostatistics in a practical manner to improve your clinical decision making and develop your research skills to investigate clinical and population based health problems.
Why study with us?
- Increase your career potential - the practical skills and knowledge you will gain in this program will allow you to expand your capabilities and work to a new level of expertise.
- Flexible study options - you can choose to study full-time or part-time to suit your professional and personal needs. Our advanced online learning system gives you the flexibility and support to study anytime.
The Clinical Epidemiology program from University of Newcastle will provide you with an understanding of epidemiology which can be applied to your current career in health sector. As a graduate, you will have basic research skills, a fundamental understanding of epidemiological concepts and knowledge of the application of methods in biostatistics.
Possible career paths may include:
- epidemiology research
- Policy Advisor
- health related industries
- Clinical Epidemiology
- Advanced Epidemiology
- Research Protocol Design
- Health Economics and Finance
- Health Promotion
- 6 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
International: It is recommended you submit your application a minimum of 12 weeks before your intended semester or trimester start date.
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Management Health Sciences View 223 other Masters in Public Health in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS code: 095233G
- Minimum of a three year undergraduate degree in a field such as mathematics, science applied science, nursing, medicine, pharmacy, allied health, psychology, sociology and social/behavioural science. Applicants with degrees in other fields or equivalent qualifications will also be considered for entry to the degree.
International18370 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18370 AUD per year during 6 months.
National9740 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9740 AUD per year during 6 months.
Living costs for Newcastle
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.