Graduates will develop an advanced understanding of human behaviour and how this can be applied to manage workplace relationships, as well as specialised skills in applied psychology and organisational behaviour in the workplace.
Why study with us?
- Advance your people management skills and progress your career - corporate professionals and recent psychology graduates will gain advanced experience in management processes, interviewing and assessing staff, managing difficult people and managing difficult situations.
- 94.7% of postgraduate students in our Psychology Studies find employment within four months of graduating (Graduate Outcomes Survey 2017 - 2019).
- Enhance performance outcomes for your business - this program contextualises psychology in the workplace and focuses on both employee wellbeing and sustainable performance.
- Study online at your own pace - the University of Newcastle’s advanced online learning system will allow you to achieve your Master of Business Psychology at a time that suits you.
- Our high-quality teaching delivers an exceptional learning experience for students - our postgraduate studies in Psychology rank #1 in Australia for overall educational experience (Quality Indicators of Teaching and Learning 2018)
The Business Psychology program from University of Newcastle will prepare individuals for diverse career opportunities that require specialised interpersonal and advanced communication skills. Graduates may be employed in mid to senior management positions across the public and not-for-profit sectors.
Other prospective career paths include:
- consultant for human services, recruitment, change management and communications
- HR specialist
- case management and managing a multi-disciplinary team
- program manager for community work or health
- organisational trainer/training manager
- customer service manager
- policy development and consulting
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Applied Psychology
- Psychology Skills in the Workplace
- Fostering Healthy Organisations
- Understanding People in Organisations
- Leadership and Organisational Change
- Group Dynamics in Organisations
- Workplace Assessment and Interviewing
- 24 months
- 72 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
International: It is recommended you submit your application a minimum of 12 weeks before your intended semester or trimester start date.
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Psychology View 95 other Masters in Psychology in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS code: 0100761
- Students with a three year Bachelor degree (AQF Level 7) in a different discipline area (also called non-cognate discipline) to psychology are eligible to undertake the 160 unit program which can be completed in 2 years full time or 4 years part time.
- Students with a three year Bachelor degree (AQF Level 7) in a psychology discipline (or cognate discipline) are eligible to undertake a 120 unit program which can be completed in 1.5 years full time or 3 years part time.
- Students with a four year Bachelor (Honours) degree, Graduate Certificate or Graduate Diploma (AQF Level 8) in a non-cognate discipline are eligible to undertake a 120 unit program which can be completed in 1.5 years full time or 3 years part time.
International42685 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 42685 AUD per year during 24 months.
National27465 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27465 AUD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Newcastle
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.